Thursday 27 July 2017

Don't miss it! WED 30th July

It is time to promote embroidery!

World Embroidery Day is celebrated on July 30th every year, and 2017 is no exception.

Read here about how it all started in Sweden and how it has swept the Globe.

Do find time to take a stitch on Sunday.
Get together with friends or sit alone.
Stitch in school, at home, in the park, in a café, up a tree, on a mountain top, in the cabin of a yacht, in bed, on the train, in the studio or in the hammock.... Wherever you are I hope you will have the chance to enjoy needle and thread.

Make progress on a Work In Progress project or try your hand at something new. Blackwork, Hardanger, Kogin, Brazilian Embroidery, Stumpwork, Cross Stitch, Kutch work, Crewel, Hedebo, Canvas, Needlepainting, Kantha..... Whatever form you choose I hope you will enjoy needle and thread.


16 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for the reminder! Now to find something portable to take to the evening's concert...!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for link. I shall try and do some embroidery.

Queeniepatch said...

Don't prick your finger if you stitch while at the concert!

Queeniepatch said...

I will be 'growing carrots'!

Pamela said...

I will post about it on my blog tomorrow. I plan to work on my beaded shawl on Sunday. A special project for a special day.

CathieJ said...

I just returned to embroidery recently. I have only completed one or two projects in the past. I will be stitching my current project on Sunday to be a part of that celebration.

crazyQstitcher said...

I'll see what I can stitch to celebrate the day.
That is a beautiful sampler of TAST work. On evenweave?

margaret said...

I will do some redwork on the blocks I have been making for ages

carorose said...

Yes our Guild has added this as an event as well.

Queeniepatch said...

Good choice. I haven't seen that shawl for some time!

Queeniepatch said...

That is good to hear. Nothing is more satisfying than finishing a project, and this WED is a great way to move towards this goal. Enjoy the day!

Queeniepatch said...

I am sure you will find something, but do take care it does not strain your eyes.
Yes, it is a TAST sampler on even weave. It badly needs to be updated! If I have time I will work on this sampler on WED.

Queeniepatch said...

It is good to hear the red thread will come out to play again. Have a good time!

Queeniepatch said...

And the guild has made a beautiful display of embroidery splendour.

Julie Fukuda said...

It might not be too good to stitch in choir ... or lunch with my friend ... I did bring home a stitching project my brother had set aside from some of my mother's things. At least I might unroll it and figure out what needs to be done to finish it off....;

Queeniepatch said...

Embroidery might be celebrated on one day of the year, but you celebrate quilting EVERY day of the year. Go on, quilt something on 30th July!