Saturday 28 January 2017

Friday Homework for Lesson 9: Interlaced Running Stitch

I know, I know it is already Saturday, and here is my Friday homework.
It took time to complete, but was GREAT fun to do.

The marbled fabric is not the best setting for these Interlaced Running Stitches, but I am forever trying to use what I have in my stash, and this is what I started on, so had to go on. And on it went, I added line after line, stitch after stitch.

Here are some close ups:






This stitch combination is based on the simple Running stitch and can be laced in a variety of ways, but it is the spacing of the stitches and weight of the tread that determine the outcome.
Give it a try!

12 comments:

margaret said...

such variety of threads etc here show off your stitching so very well, I like the marbled fabric too

Queeniepatch said...

It was fun to dig in my thread box!

crazyQstitcher said...

First I saw the Interlaced Running stitch pattern, then noticed the background, studied them together and found, in my eyes, the fabric did not distract but melded well together.
Love every variation of your inspirational stitchs and threads used.
Good to have the text handy to each stitch.

Queeniepatch said...

I agree that when you look at the close ups the fabric is not so dominant, but look at the whole pice and the stitches shy away.
I IMMENSLY enjoyed lacing these Running Stitches.
Yes, I have recently learned how to add text to the pictures!

Annet said...

This is great, love the organic look of it!

carorose said...

The fabric is beautiful and makes the stitching pop. Is this piece for something special?

Queeniepatch said...

I had GREAT fun with it!

Queeniepatch said...

No, it is just a piece for fun with fraying edges. It is in the SSS box and will maybe be worked into something later.

chitra said...

very beautiful examples of interlaced running stitch. it looks lovely as a whole piece. The details bring out the beauty of each and every sample.

Julie Fukuda said...

I might just have to try that one. I like the different effects you were able to attain with the same stitch.

Queeniepatch said...

I had a LOT of fun creating this design. All my various threads called out: 'Use ME' or 'I want to be laced'!

Queeniepatch said...

This is a highly decorative stitch but not the best for a QUILT, especially not a play or bed quilt. Those laced stitches are real toe catchers!